Golf is a popular sport for athletes both young and old, and injuries related to this activity often have people showing up at their local chiropractor’s office for treatment. Before you need to meet with your chiropractor in Tucker due to a golf injury, learn what you can do to prevent them from occurring.
It’s All in Your Swing
One of the major ways that you can prevent injuries while playing golf is to understand the mechanics of your swing. A simple adjustment can save you a world of pain and inconvenience.
Don’t over-swing. Swinging the club too fast or too hard can put stress on your joints. Use an easy swing, as the best golfers are known for having a consistent swing tempo.
Keep it smooth: Be sure to transfer force smoothly throughout all of your muscle groups, as depending on one body part over the other for power when hitting can make you prone to injury.
Consider your posture: Focus on your posture when you swing and before you swing. Be sure that your feet are about shoulder-width apart and that your weight is distributed on your feet equally. Don’t hunch over the ball, as this can result in back and neck strain.
Other Tips for Golf Injury Prevention
In addition to your golf swing, consider some of the other ways that you could lower your injury risk when playing golf:
- Warm up and stretch before playing a round of golf, and swing your club a few times as practice.
- Stretch regularly to increase your range of motion.
- Get regular aerobic exercise in order to build your endurance.
- Start slowly in order for your body to become conditioned. Work on increasing your activity level over time.
- Dress comfortably and wear proper golf shoes with cleats
If you have questions about treating or preventing your golf injuries with a chiropractic adjustment, contact us at AICA Tucker today.