Many drivers are confident in their abilities after years of traveling through the greater Atlanta region without experiencing a car accident. Still, even the most cautious drivers with years of experience can easily find themselves in a collision. Georgia’s Department of Motor Vehicles reports that an accident claim is filed once every 18 years on average. This figure equates to approximately nine crashes by the time someone becomes 70-years-old.
Distracted Drivers Are Everywhere
All drivers have noticed other vehicles operated by someone who is distracted by their smartphone, music, or their passengers. And, even though most people have engaged in these distractions, they believe that they are immune to crashing their vehicles. Defensive driving is one way you can help reduce the chances of a collision while traveling through Tucker.
Defensive Driving Tips That Help Prevent Car Accidents
Defensive driving is regarded as a skill used to defend against potential risks and hazards that exist on every highway and Interstate, including reckless drivers, weather conditions, or debris. Here are a few defensive driving tips that can help you avoid an accident and protect those around you.
- Do not allow yourself to use a smartphone device, listen to loud music, or perform other actions that affect your focus.
- Stay alert at all times and keep a watchful eye on the vehicles around you. You may be a safe driver, but that does not mean others around you are paying close attention to the road.
- Anticipate how other vehicles may react in the event of a sudden incident, such as a flash flood or an object entering the roadway.
- Adjust your speed to reflect the current weather conditions and time of day.
- Always wear your seatbelt and take advantage of your collision warning systems, but do not trust that they alone will protect your health in the event of an accident.
- Keep a close eye on your blind spots at all times, especially when attempting to change lanes.
- Make sure that your vehicle is always well maintained and keep your tires inflated properly.
Contact AICA Tucker’s Car Accident Doctors If You Are In A Car Collision
If you do find yourself in a car crash, contact our Tucker Car Accident Doctors right away for a complete examination. We can help diagnose potential injuries and develop treatment plans that are customized to meet your specific health needs. Our Chiropractic Clinic is open Monday through Sunday and offers free consultations for those who have never visited one of our offices. Just dial (404) 592-1186 to schedule an appointment or feel free to stop by for same-day treatment.